Cosmic Curry Briney Beet Eggs
**Please use Organic ingredients whenever possible**
2 cups water
1 cup organic white vinegar
3 small organic beets washed and sliced
1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon organic peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon Brown Mustard seed
1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
6 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons organic mayonnaise
2 teaspoons organic Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon organic Curry powder
1 teaspoon fresh organic lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon organic Cayenne pepper
Fresh Cilantro leaves or chives and paprika for garnish
1. Combine all of the pickling ingredients (except for the eggs) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Allow the brine to cool slightly.
2. Slice Eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and put them in a separate bowl.
3. Submerge the egg white halves into the brine so that the beet color penetrates to the center of the egg where the yolk was. Placing the beet slices on top of the eggs helps to keep the eggs submerged in the brine. Let the eggs marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge or overnight.
4. Combine the egg yolks together with the other filling ingredients, add a touch of the salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the egg whites from the brine and pat them dry. Spoon the yolk filling into the eggs and then garnish with fresh cilantro or chives and a dusting with paprika.